About Me

My photo
TN, United States
I am 31 years old and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years now! We have two children, one boy (9) and one girl (7)! I was very athletic in High School and began modeling and working out right after high School. I had been a steady size 5 in high school and went down to a size 1 for modeling! I was so skinny! Anyways, after two complicated pregnancies on bed rest for months, I found myself 90 lbs heavier! I have struggled for 9 years now trying to get the weight off. I have finally gotten somewhere!!! :

Pages


Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting Ready for the BEACH!!!!

BEACH vacation here we come!!!! 


I have ONE week to bust my tail and get ready to rock that bikini!! :) I am not going to stress it. I just want to feel the best I can feel when it comes time to lay on the beach!!! :) I have goals to set and complete! I have lots to get done before we leave including cleaning the house and getting our clothes all caught up so that we can pack! I must get all the shopping done for the trip and of course - PACK! Football starts this week so I will be juggling that in there as well! I also need to find time to study for my CPT and WORKOUT! Every day we all struggle to get our workouts in! Some days or weeks will be much busier than others. Its finding a workout that works for us. Finding a workout that can conform to OUR schedules! Here are some things I do to ensure I get SOME type of workout in!
  • SHORT interval INTENSE workouts 10-20 minutes 
  • Do exercises at random times! Squat in the shower, jumping jack when no one is looking, do a burpee in a new location, drop down and do push ups when you have a few minutes to spare! These things wont take you long. They wont give you optimum cardio/calorie burn BUT they DO still help build your muscles. They DO help keep you motivated and moving and if you are constantly doing random things like that - Majority will WIN! 
  • Break your workouts up! Do a 10 minute workout in the morning and then another 10 minute workout in the evening! 
  • Do them DAILY! If you are only doing short interval workouts - do them EVERYDAY! Just change it up constantly. 

I mentioned that I needed to set goals for this week! Here are a few of my goals for getting ready for the beach!

Food GOALS 
  • Drop 5lbs by Saturday! 
  • Limit carbs to fruits and veggies mostly
  • No eating junk at night - EVEN popsicles
  • Up my water intake! 
  • Eat lots of soup and salad this week with plenty of protein! 
  •  Stick with chicken or Fish for meats this week. 
  • Make a protein smoothie EVERYDAY! 
 Fitness GOALS 


  • Lots of lower body workouts and Abs 
  • My workouts will be short interval workouts 12-20 mins. I want to complete lots of weighted leg and glute exercises while incorporating abs and some arms. I am NOT focusing on upper body this week! 
  • Everyday will include SOME cardio as well. Nothing crazy. 
  • Tuesday and Thursday - I may complete short runs, cardio blast via intervals, or who knows.....I may do a video of some sort - Zumba, Kick boxing, Insanity, Plyometrics, etc. 
  •  I will do random exercises ALL day long!  

What do YOU do to prepare YOURSELF for vacations? Do you prepare?  

No comments:

Post a Comment