About Me

My photo
TN, United States
I am 31 years old and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years now! We have two children, one boy (9) and one girl (7)! I was very athletic in High School and began modeling and working out right after high School. I had been a steady size 5 in high school and went down to a size 1 for modeling! I was so skinny! Anyways, after two complicated pregnancies on bed rest for months, I found myself 90 lbs heavier! I have struggled for 9 years now trying to get the weight off. I have finally gotten somewhere!!! :

Pages


Saturday, June 30, 2012

Its Hot! Still gotta workout though! - Burpee Torture Challenge!

This week has been way hotter than our usual! It makes working out tough! It got up to 110 yesterday. Whew!


I had started the P90X program and was really enjoying it but this week has made it VERY difficult to get in those very long workouts. Each workout is around 50-60 mins AND then you do the abs which is another 20 minutes. I do believe the program works and its a great program to try BUT....I just dont always have that much time to workout! As I am SURE many of you do not either.

So I decided to do a totally different workout yesterday than what my P90x program required! I had a busy day and was not able to workout in the house and it was getting late. I had to take my son to his BMX race and did not want to skip out on some sort of workout. The BMX track is located near a small park and a large lake. It is PERFECT for working out b/c there is plenty of space. :)

I decided to take my daughter to the little park and I did my workout right there in the park area. They have a rubber mat floor and it was great for getting down on the ground!

So my workout was short, sweet and to the point (so that I would not miss my son and husband race)! I got yesterdays workout inspiration from Zuzanalight!I LOVE her stuff (look her up on YouTube).

This is the video I got my inspiration from! She did it slightly different and did 2 full rounds. I simply did not have that much time! BUT I wanted to show you the video of my inspiration b/c she shows you the Yoga Burpees and Abs Splitters!



THIS was my workout!

VERY quick warm up!
30 jumping Jacks
30 butt kickers
30 high knees

On to my circuit-
5 Yoga Burpees (THANK you Zuzana!) -
 *This is basically a burpee incorporating YOGA moves. You drop down into cobra position, move to downward dog, do a dive bomber and then jump up to complete the burpee!
5 Ab Splitters (ALSO Thank you Zuzana!) -
*This is a combo move. First complete a V-Up, Then a star crunch, then a bent knee ankle tap

THEN I alternated like this:
10 Burpees WITH a full guy push up, jumps in and out not steps AND an explosive jump to finish
20 Power Jump Squats
10 Burpees WITH a full guy push up, jumps in and out not steps AND an explosive jump to finish
20 Power Jump Squats

10 Burpees WITH a full guy push up, jumps in and out not steps AND an explosive jump to finish
20 Power Jump Squats

10 Burpees WITH a full guy push up, jumps in and out not steps AND an explosive jump to finish
20 Power Jump Squats

10 Burpees WITH a full guy push up, jumps in and out not steps AND an explosive jump to finish
20 Power Jump Squats


Then I RAN back to the BMX track (which was not real far but was a PERFECT end to my workout.

I also made sure to stretch once I was done!

You know...working out in front of people at a park can feel slightly awkward BUT oh well. You are doing what is BEST for yourself, and your body! DON'T let a little bit of awkwardness stop you from doing your workout!

I will say that I am sore this morning. Not excruciatingly so but definitely feel as though I got a really good workout completed yesterday!

This morning, I am sipping my coffee (Bold Green Mountain coffee with 2 tsp raw sugar and a splash of creamer) and eating some yummy oatmeal (uncut oats cooked with 2tsp of brown sugar and 2 tsp of maple syrup! YUMMY. Sometimes I will add nuts or berries but not today! :)



So what is YOUR workout today? Do you have it planned already?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment